Benefits of Digital Payments
I must admit, I was one of those who, not so long ago, doubtful of the security and accuracy of online transactions (or so the Gen X-er in me thinks). I would rather go to the bank myself and do my business where I feel safer. But not anymore, digital payment is changing the Philippine investment landscape as it brings economic empowerment to more people. Thanks to the introduction of new technologies that continuously improve its services and provide us with yes, the peace of mind we deserve. Here are 5 reasons why I took the leap from being traditional to digital (and so should you):
1. Tracking. Details of payments are stored in a database so I can easily access the history of my payments.
2. Go green. I am one in fighting paper waste to preserve nature. A winner in environmental benefits.
3. Convenience. Anytime. Anywhere. Is there anything better than that? I can even transfer money to my account while finishing this article!
4. Security. Something that is fast and easy doesn’t mean it’s not safe. Each time I open my mobile banking or payment apps, I pass through passwords, authentication, and the advancements in technology get better and better everyday.
5. Saves Time. I get to do other important things that matter. More time with family and friends! My productivity doubled--I pay bills on time and even add investments to my mutual fund account regularly.And did I mention I get to sleep better at night, knowing that my finances are organized plus I get to build more wealth because First Metro Asset Management, Inc. (FAMI) has added ECPay and GCash as payment channels. FAMI president Karen Liza Roa said, “More than the convenience of anytime, anywhere investing, digital transactions have provided FAMI the opportunity to encourage more Filipinos to invest. By adopting digital payment transactions in remitting investments for mutual funds, FAMI has opened a wealth of opportunities to many Filipinos. This is good news for many who dream of financial independence but are not reached by conventional financial infrastructures.” FAMI mutual fund investors can add more to their investments by using the GCash app, which can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. GCash users simply have to choose the “Pay Bills,” select “First Metro Asset Management Inc” as the biller, and enter the FAMI mutual fund account and amount to be invested. With ECPay, investments can be remitted through any of ECPay’s retail chain partners such as 7-Eleven, San Mig Food Avenue, select Petron stations, Prince Warehouse, LCC Malls, NCCC Supermarkets, RD Pawnshop, H Lhuillier, and Global access. With its partnership with 7-Eleven, investments can also be made through CLiQQ, 7-Eleven’s mobile wallet app, which also lets users earn rewards points. Ms. Roa said, “It’s our mission to transform Filipinos from savers to investors. Besides promoting investment literacy, we also find creative means that will help our clients build wealth.” FAMI is a multi-awarded asset management company that currently manages the six Save & Learn mutual funds, the country’s first and only ETF, the First Metro Philippine Equity Exchange-Traded Fund, and the First Metro Consumer Fund. The company is a partnership among First Metro, the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines and the Marist Brothers Foundation. Visit the FAMI website and learn more about mutual funds: www.fami.com.ph Read next: How To Add FAMI Mutual Fund Investment Using GCash
We use third-party cookies in order to personalize your site experience